Today I want to fill you up with the truth about God’s love for you. I want to remind you of the length, the width, the depth and the height of God’s love for you. Your life in the Lord is all about the Father’s love for you. He longs for you to step into His Heart of Love. Every moment of every day, the Lover of your soul is wooing and calling you into a beautiful, intimate relationship with Him. As you answer His call, He draws you into this beautiful dance of love with Him. He lovingly pursues us and pours His love into us and we in turn learn to love Him and ourselves.
In our conferences I demonstrate this dance with my husband Michael. God leads the dance and we follow, keeping our eyes on Him. We learn to move to the rhythm of His love and our body, spirit and soul soon become one with Him, moving in sync with His every move. He may change the steps and rhythms, but if we keep our eyes on our beloved Lord, we can stay in step. Receiving and experiencing His love is the key to loving ourselves and others. We can’t give away something that we ourselves don’t have. God fills our tanks with love so that we may in turn fill others.
It’s in the middle of His love that we discover our divinely-given identity, value and worth. It’s where we experience pure, holy, life-giving, renewing transformation. We come to see who we are and “whose” we are. The God of the universe loves you and He thinks you are wonderful, special and perfect!
Here is the truth about God’s love for you.
1. You deserve to be loved by God because Jesus paid the price for you! Jesus deserves everything from the Father and because you are in Jesus … so do you. You are a recipient of God’s love through Jesus. When God looks at you He sees you as perfect, beautiful, amazing, wonderful and brilliant.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16, NIV)
2. God will never turn away from you because of what you have done, thought or said … past or present. He can’t. In God’s kingdom grace, mercy and love rule. He already knows everything there is to know about you, the good, the bad and the ugly, and His only response towards you is LOVE. God’s love for you doesn’t increase or decrease because of your actions. God always loves you 100%, all of the time. There is no rating system. There are no badges to earn. The only thing that changes is YOUR ability to RECEIVE more of His love.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39, NIV)
3. You can’t be disqualified from God’s love. God is so amazing. The very thing that you think would disqualify you from God’s love is actually the doorway through which the Father delivers His heart and His affection. He chose you because you are weak and foolish. His power is perfected in your weakness. His grace is always enough to cover all of your disqualifications. He doesn’t want perfect vessels, He wants to be perfect through us!
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)
4. God is focused on you, your life and loving you! He wants you to be the best that you can be. He desires that you would know exactly who you are in Christ and how far you can go in life. He yearns for you to fulfill all of HIS dreams and YOUR dreams for your life. He is intent on you knowing that there are no limits or barriers on His side. Father God is cheering you on to go as far, high and deep as you want to go in His love and the fulfillment of your destiny in Him.
5. The love of God is a continual flow that you can’t stop or escape. You were created to be the object of His love and affection. It makes no difference if you believe, accept or want His love … it is permanent, continual and never changing. The love of God is the most dynamic, most fulfilling, most releasing, most overcoming and dominating force in the universe! His love is broad enough to cover everything and long enough to last for eternity. It is high enough to reign over heaven, and deep enough to redeem anyone. The power of God’s love should leave you in a state of shock and awe!
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19, NIV)
We are all called to live in God’s extravagant love because ALL of his blessings overflow in His love. God’s love and His promises to us are enshrined in Jesus’ first commandment to us.
Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” (Matthew 22:37, NIV)
We need to love our God because it is in all of us to want to love Him more. He planted the longing and the capacity to love Him into our spiritual DNA. God commands us to love Him because He commands it of Himself. God will not ask us to do something He is not prepared to do first. We love Him because He first loved us. It is because He loves us like this that we can love Him with our whole heart, soul and strength, and in turn love ourselves and others in the same way!
The power of God’s love for us sets us free, heals, restores, renews and transforms every part of our life and being! Live within His love and enjoy your dance with you loving Father God!